After hours of deliberation and debate, the Roger Garlick Award judges have decided on the finalists in this year’s awards, to be announced at the annual MOST Awards next month. Seven entries out of a total of 54 cracked the nod.
- Pete Case, Gloo, for SA Tourism Touch Table in the Special Events/stunts category
- Kelvin Storie, Vizeum SA, for BMW 1 series in the Best use of Out of Home category
- Anne van Rensburg, The Jupiter Drawing Room Cape Town, for Musica Star Wars Lightsaber Posters in the Best use of Out of Home category
- Xolisa Dyeshana, Joe Public, for JHHESA’s HIV Twitter Army in the Best use of Online, Social and Mobile category
- Pete Case, Gloo and FoxP2’s combined entry for Brandhouse ‘Drive Dry’ in the Best use of Online, Social and Mobile category
- Anne van Rensburg, The Jupiter Drawing Room Cape Town and Mindshare Johannesburg for Shield Deodorant: Bok wakeup call in the Best use of Online, Social and Mobile category
- Storm Mascall, Associated Magazines with Vizeum and Carat for their joint entry for Cell C in the Best use of magazines category
“In previous years the Out of Home category tended to dominate the number of entries and the final results but we’ve certainly seen a growth in the number of digital entries this year,” said Wayne Bischoff, head of AMASA’s Roger Garlick Awards portfolio.
“The judges overall comments about these finalist entries is that they used their mediums in innovative ways which was engaging, had strength in their insights combined with powerful executions.”
Judges were: Heidi Brauer (ex Comair); Howard Fox (GIBS); Serame Taukobong (MTN); Aline Sciarappa (FNB); Ryan Williams (Cinemark and AMASA); Ludi Koekemoer (AAA School of Advertising) and Nazeer Suliman (Unilever). The judging process was chaired and monitored by Frank Tilley.
AMASA Gold’s and the overall Roger Garlick Award winner will be announced at this year’s MOST Awards on the 6 September.
To book for the MOST Awards, click here.