In its biggest Naked campaign to date, photographed by heart recipient Marguerite Oelofse, Marie Claire South Africa asked 41 celebrities to show their support for the Organ Donor Foundation (ODF). On sale from 18 February 2013, the collector’s edition features some of SA’s most prominent celebrities, sport stars and media personalities in the nude.
“This year’s shoot is sublime, but what really takes one’s breath away is the stories shared by our cover model Candice Boucher, our photographer Marguerite and the many of the celebs who participated,” says Aspasia Karras, editor of Marie Claire. ‘Each one of them had a donor-related story to share and one can’t help but to relook this very touchy subject and rethink one’s involvement.
“Our aim this year is to get everyone not only talking about organ donation, but also to sign up to become a donor, or support the ODF financially. I know I will be doing both,’ says Karras.
Marie Claire will be posting more facts about organ donation, as well as the behind-the-scenes footage from various shoots on the Marie Claire website and the Facebook page. To follow the campaign on Twitter, follow @marieclaire_sa or search for #MCNaked.
Celebrities taking part in this year’s campaign include:
- Cover star: Candice Boucher
- Models: Rue Essop, Maryke Pieterse, Nicole Meyer and Kate Menson
- The TV Stars: Pearl Thusi and Bonnie Henna
- The DJ: Stacey Norman
- Model and mother: Lee-Ann Liebenberg and her daughter, Gia
- Spud 2 cast members: Alex McGregor, Genna Blair and Rob van Vuuren
- Model: Tanya van Graan
- Comedians: Siv Ngesi, Nik Rabinowitz and Daniel Friedman
- Singer and Idols finalist: Melissa Allison
- Radio talk-show host: Aki Anastasiou
- Olympic swimmer: Cameron van der Burgh
- Sex journalist and blogger: Dorothy Black
- The ‘Ghetto Tech’ DJs, Crazy White Boy: Konstantinos Karatamoglou and Ryan Murgatroyd
- Bar-One Manhunt Season 2 Winner: Lushwill Rossouw
- The screen goddesses: Roeline Daneel, Lalla Hirayama and Carishma Basday
- Lead singer of Lark: Inge Beckmann
- The muso: Benedikt Sebastian
- Designer: David Tlale
- Radio personalities: Damon Kalvari, Bailey Schneider and Rob Forbes
- Designer: Suzaan Heyns
- Rugby players: Keegan Daniel and Craig Burden
- Entertainers: Jonathan Boynton-Lee, Ty Keogh, Heino Schmitt and Bafikile Rapoo
- Heart recipient and photographer of the campaign: Marguerite Oelofse
- Heart surgeon: Dr Susan Vosloo
Marie Claire readers can show their support by signing up to become an organ donor via Marieclaire.com or at Odf.org.za, or call 0800-22-66-11 (toll free) for more information.