TheMediaOnline is searching for an advertising sales executive who has the instincts of a hunter, the skills to pin down the prey, the ability and confidence to close deals and the drive to reach the top.
We’re looking for someone who will be responsible for prospecting, identifying opportunities, building new business relationships and generating revenue for our print and online products. The person will focus on growing existing accounts and as well as acquiring new clients.
We need someone who lives on the cutting edge, who is excited by the constantly evolving media landscape, who embraces the innovative, the creative, the challenging.
We understand that many applicants might be skilled in print advertising sales, but not online. This doesn’t frighten us. If you have the skills and personality we are looking for, we will train you in developing your online technical skills, thereby adding to YOUR skills base.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience selling print advertising to media buyers at agencies, or selling directly to media buyers and advertising managers within media organisations
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of sales background
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- ‘Hunter’ instincts.
You will need:
- The ability and desire to sell
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Good knowledge of MS word, Excel, the Internet and social networks
- A confident and determined approach
- Resilience, and the ability to cope with rejection
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The capacity to flourish in a competitive environment
- Strong sense of urgency
- Knowledge of media and media research a bonus
- The ability to learn new skills
If you believe you have what it takes, please send your CV and letter of motivation to Ronell Buitenbos, Managing Director of Wag the Dog Publishers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org