DStv has struck gold at the recent PromaxBDA Africa Awards. These awards recognise excellence in on-air promotion, branding and advertising. The awards look for the very best work produced to get programming, a channel or a brand noticed. Nominees all competed for the coveted PROMAX Muse and BDA Isis awards and to be recognised as the best in Africa.
Throughout the world, the PromaxBDA Awards competitions stand for marketing excellence in the media marketing space and collectively, through its numerous regional and sector-specific competitions, are regarded as the most prestigious awards for creative endeavour in this field.
To solidify this world-class entertainment, other DStv’s international channels that walked away with awards were M-Net, SuperSport, Channel O, Sony Max, SET, History, Disney, Viacom (MTV), FOX, BBC Worldwide and Universal Networks. All of which form part of realising the true extent of providing a world of entertainment.
. DStv scooped gold awards in the following categories
· Best lifestyle promo – DStv for Hard-Core Foodaphiles
· Best children’s promo – DStv is Educational
· Best promo only using program footage – DStv Our Africa Themepiece
· Best on-air branding design- Imaging Idents
· Best design without footage – DStv Ident
· Best public service announcement/community spot – Care More with DStv – Algoa Bay
DStv also scooped various numerous Silver awards in the following categories
· Best themed campaign – This is DStv Campaign
· Best lifestyle promo – Highlight – Finger Licking DStv
· Best use of humour in promotion – DStv Explora Launch Promo
· The Mama Africa Award – DStv Little PVR
· Something for a little something – DStv Sex Highlight
· Best music composition – DStv Antichurn – Summer Daze
· Best copy/script writing – DStv Our Africa Red Carpet – Africa Day
· Best Print Ad – DStv Media Sales MOST awards Print Ad
· Best public service announcement / community spot – Movember on DStv
· Best on-air ident design – DStv – Sports Ident
· Best design without footage – DStv Ident – Documentary
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.