Briefly…South Africa’s largest online retailer, kalahari.com has experienced phenomenal growth of 87% new shoppers for the festive season this year as compared to the same period in 2010.
Earlier this month the online retailer predicted that it would see a radical increase in shoppers online. “Online shopping is booming in South Africa as more and more shoppers are opting for the convenience of purchasing their gifts over the internet. We are surprised yet thrilled to have such a staggering number of shoppers who are visiting kalahari.com ahead of the official rush period of the festive season. This shows that South Africans are beginning to appreciate and understand the convenience and cost-effectiveness of online shopping,” says Gary Novitzkas, CEO of kalahari.com.
As of 14 December 2011, the top selling festive season items by category on kalahari.com are:
1. My Journey / My Reis (English and Afrikaans combined) – Victor Matfield
2. 7 Dae – Deon Meyer
3. Steve Jobs: The Exlusive Biography – Walter Isaacson
4. Byleveld: Dossier van a baaspeurder – Hanlie Retief
5. Inheritence – Christopher Paolini
1. Now 59
2. Christmas – Michael Buble
4. 21 – Adele
5. Live at The Royal Albert Hall DVD – Adele
1. Controlled Chaos – Jeff Duhnam
3. Cars 2
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.