Getting music play listed on radio stations is a top priority for musicians and bands, simply because airplay translates in to revenue through not only royalties, but also potential performance opportunities and sales.
There is a definite process from the submission of music right the way through to the song getting spun over the airwaves. Radio plugging isn’t an exact science, but it is something that has to be done in intricate detail. Many hours are invested in researching and understanding the formats of dozens of radio stations, building and maintaining sound relationships with music managers and compilers, and of course following up after sending a song to radio. This detail is what radio pluggers pride themselves in.
What are the key advantages of outsourcing radio plugging? Here are just a few:
· Radio pluggers have a comprehensive reach to all stations – national, regional, community, campus, retail and online.
· Radio pluggers understand the current landscape and format of each radio station and are able to strategically submit songs where they know they have a chance of making it on to the play list.
· Radio pluggers have the relationships with music managers that enable a fast track to the top of the pile and in to the listening sessions.
· Radio pluggers have time. Time is what is needed to build the relationship, make the pitch and conduct the follow up calls.
· Radio pluggers know what is trending on radio both locally and internationally and can make strategic recommendations accordingly.
· Radio pluggers understand the process of radio plugging, when to follow up and how to follow up.
Do it the right way and let and expert handle your radio plugging.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.