The 18th edition of the Zanzibar International Film Festiva (ZIFF) will take place from the 18 – 26 of July 2015, and for the first time ever, ZIFF will be accepting film submissions online via the festhome.com web platform making it simple and easy to submit films.
The Zanzibar International Film Festival is the largest multi disciplinary art and cultural festival in Africa dedicated to the exhibition of films, music, panorama. Each year ZIFF exhibits more than 100 films made in Africa, Middle East, Europe, Latin America, USA and Asia.
The theme of the festival is a key criteria for selection, with the theme for 2015 being Waves and Visions with this year’s theme being Waves and Visions of Hope – Mawimbi na Njozi za Tumaini. The 2015 theme is a call to deeper introspection, to collaboration with those with whom we hear the call and to that enchanted time and space, organisers said in a statement.
ZIFF Dhow Awards are given in the following categories: Feature Films, Documentary, Short/Animation, East African Films, The Bi Kidude Chairman’s Award, SIGNIS East African Talent Award, Signis Award, Sembene Ousmane Prize For Development Films, The European Festival Network Award, Zuku Swahili Awards.
ZIFF accepts films from around the world. although priority is given to films from Africa and The Dhow Countries (countries of the Indian Ocean coast such as Iran, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan).
For filmmakers who cannot submit online on festhome.com, a signed and fully completed application with publicity materials must be submitted with a DVD.
· This application can be downloaded at //www.ziff.or.tz/call-for-entry.
· Films must be no more than three years old.
· The submission deadline is 31 January 2015.
· Selection results will be available from May 15, 2015 on our wesite bwww.ziff.or.tz.
· Any film at ZIFF may have five public screenings at the most, including one press showing. However, further screenings could be organised if the producer so agrees.
· Entry is free for filmmakers from Tanzania
· Festival entry fee 5$ USD
· Short films submission fee 2$ USD
· Feature length submission fee 8$ USD
· Submit films here: //festhome.com/f/893
For full festival information please visit the website at www.ziff.or.tz, our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/zanzibarinternationalfilmfestival
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to email@example.com.