1) The number one tip (provided by Both Worlds who won Gold last year in the category ‘Use of Video/Audio’ for ZANews) is: pick the right categories for your work!
2) Use video sharing websites. The Bookmarks team can’t receive large files so video sharing sites are a must.
3) Be snappy, salient and succinct. Don’t expect the judges to wade through copy … regardless of how beautifully it is written.
4) Demonstrate success overtly – this is your one chance to brag. Don’t infer or expect judges to draw conclusions. State each success or achievement clearly.
5) Include as much evidence as you can to illustrate your points especially quantifiable and measurable results – make it visual where possible.
6) The task of judging is onerous and intense. Make it really easy for the judges to understand why you should be shortlisted. No matter how beautiful your work is – you need to clearly illustrate what makes it exceptional.
7) 2010 Gold winner, Both Worlds, believes that: respecting the judges is key. Says Thierry Cassuto of Both Worlds (producers of ZANews), “They are leaders in the digital world without borders, very busy, and it should be seen as an honour to present your work to them for feedback and recognition. So, work hard on presenting the art and science of what you do – intelligently, persuasively, and professionally.”
8) Do not leave your entry to the last minute. We all love the famous anonymous quote that says, “if it were not for the last minute, nothing would ever get done.” But in this case, your entry will definitely be better if it is not rushed.
9) Explore all the new categories. With all the new categories this year that cater for so many more brands, companies and types of work – there is definitely something for everyone.
10) And last but not least.. Don’t panic!
You still have until midnight tomorrow to get your entry into www.thebookmarks.co.za.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to email@example.com.