A parade of South Africa’s leading media thinkers and practitioners will gather under one roof on 30 July for the second annual one-day Future of Media summit. In six, hour-long interrogative panel discussions, they’ll debate crucial areas of interest in their respective sectors in front of a discerning take-no-prisoners audience of like-minded professionals.
“In just its second year The Future of Media, in association with the SABC has become the single event where media professionals gather to discuss the crucial and constantly changing interface between technology, content and commercial opportunity. On a single day, this is the place where those who own, make and develop media can engage constructively with those who sell it and try to understand each other’s unique challenges,” says Jeremy Maggs of the Future Group, organisers of the event.
“The Future of Media offers the SABC an opportunity to increase its visibility and reputation in the media industry, and to position the SABC brand alongside the best in the world… Being involved in this event not only allows the SABC to create partnerships and conversations but also to help us retain and grow our position of authority and relevance in the broadcasting industry,” says a spokesperson for the SABC.
This year’s panel members are all high-reaching, well-respected players in their various disciplines:
Television (sponsored by SABC)
· SABC Television – Tshifhiwa Mulaudzi (General Sales Manager)
· DStv Media Sales – Fahmeeda Cassim-Surtee (Director Sales & Marketing)
· eNCA – Patrick Conroy (Group Head)
· The MediaShop – Chris Botha (Group Managing Director)
Magazines (sponsored by John Brown Media)
· Panorama Publications – Urs Honegger (Managing Director)
· New Media Publishing – Heléne Lindsay (Head of Strategy & Marketing)
· Applied Media Logic – Kim Weissensee (Managing Director)
· Longevity Magazine – Gisele Wertheim-Aymes (Publishing Editor)
· John Brown Media – Justine Stafford (Editorial Director)
Out of Home (sponsored by Provantage)
· Provantage – Jacques du Preez (Managing Director)
· Continental Outdoor Media – Barry Sayer (CEO)
· Primedia Outdoor – Dave Roberts (CEO)
· PosterscopeSA – Craig Page-Lee (Managing Director)
· Ad Outpost – Sonnet Swanepoel (CEO)
· Mail & Guardian – Hoosain Karjieker (Chief Executive)
· Omnicom Media Group – Josh Dovey (CEO)
· Media Tenor – Wadim Schreiner (Director)
Radio (sponsored by Mediamark)
· SABC Radio – Eugene Zwane (General Sales Manager)
· Kagiso Broadcasting – Omar Essack (CEO)
· MSG Afrika Group – Given Mkhari (CEO)
· Mediamark – Elton Ollerhead (Managing Director)
· KayaFM – Greg Maloka (Managing Director)
Digital (sponsored by Popimedia)
· Mxit – Vincent Maher (Chief Marketing Officer)
· Aqua – Brent Shahim (Managing Director)
· That’s It Communications – Maryke Hough (Managing Director)
· Cerebra – Mike Stopforth (CEO)
· Popimedia – Ryan Silberman (COO)
For more information: Click here to book tickets.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.