As a prelude to the glittering awards ceremony on 14 November at Cape Town’s Artscape Theatre, the Bookmarks’ Power of Digital workshops – sponsored by Adobe and Automated Publishing Services (APS) – promise an amazing line-up of speakers. These speakers were specially selected to showcase the transformational power of digital beyond the traditional digital agency/publishing spectrum – underpinning the theme of the awards, ‘the next big thing’.
For a nominal fee, delegates will hear firsthand from the uber-gurus in digital what makes them tick, their approach, and the unique challenges – and opportunities – we face in the South African landscape. The workshops are held in a punchy TEDx style, offering delegates an inspirational view of the ground-breaking developments across all industry sectors, made possible by digital.
The Johannesburg workshop will be held on the 12 November at 20 West Hotel in Sandton from 08h30 – 13h00, and the Cape Town workshop will be held on the 13November at Protea Presidential Hotel in Seapoint from 08h30 – 13h00.
Some highlights include:
· Lana Strydom, Head of Digital Marketing & Media at FNB, will be talking to delegates about how tech fundamentally transformed FNB from a runner-up into a leader (Joburg)
· Banele Rewo, Entrepreneur and Creative Director of Authentic Creatives Outdoor Platforms & Social Entrepreneur at I Create We Create, will be sparking a thought-provoking discussion around Afrocentrism in creativity (Joburg)
· Laura Jordan-Bambach, Bookmarks International Agency Judge, will be unpacking exactly what is a brand with purpose (Cape Town & Joburg)
· Sophia Stuart, Bookmarks International Publisher Judge, will be chatting about that all-important topic: How to stay sane in your client/agency relationship (Cape Town & Joburg)
· Patrick Studener, International Launcher of Uber, will be talking to delegates about: Expanding global platforms and an introduction to the South African market; how to plan, market & produce a successful platform (Cape Town)
· Stephan F Ekbergh, Founder of Travelstart, will be presenting: Entrepreneurish 101 – Starting a business, finding funding, pitching and being successful – Lessons learnt (Cape Town)
…and many more inspiring presentations by speakers from Adobe, APS, Africa Internet Accelerator, King James and Zando. For full list of speakers and programme at each workshop, click here.
Each workshop will culminate in an interactive Judges Panel Discussion lead by John Dixon, Bookmarks Jury President, where delegates will be privy to firsthand insights from the Bookmarks’ esteemed panel of judges on what catches their attention in the judging room.
R500 per ticket – email firstname.lastname@example.org to book now.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to email@example.com.