The Future of Media and Advertising, with the SABC, are hosting a conference looking at just that: the future of media and advertising. One of the sessions is ‘Charting a new course for television in a fragmented market’. eNCA’s Patrick Conroy will share his thoughts on the power of platform convergence and the changing relationship between editorial and sales. Yolisa Phahle, CEO of MNet; Jon Ratcliffe head of agencies: Southern Africa, Google; and Carlito Sheikh from SABC will join him in discussion.
The line-up includes:
– Exclusive one-on-one video interview with Koos Bekker, speaking for the first time since he stepped down as CEO of Naspers.
– Top media strategist Gordon Patterson will deliver a no-holds-barred overview of SA media.
– Advertising commentator Andy Rice, back first class from the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity will look at what is driving global brand communication thinking.
– What does the future hold for newspapers? How are titles changing their editorial and commercial strategy? How are relationships with advertisers being forced to change? Professor Anton Harber shares his views in a keynote address and is then joined in discussion with Trevor Ormerod (GM: Group Sales, Times Media Limited) and Chris Botha (Group Managing Director, The MediaShop)
– What is radio’s current role in South Africa? Find out how to maximize radio’s effectiveness in a converged world and where the value is for both listeners and advertisers. Listen to Nick Grubb (Managing Director: Radio, Kagiso Broadcasting) share his views followed by a discussion with John Walls (Director, Ultimate Media), Rivak Bunce (Managing Director, United Stations) and Carlito Sheikh (Station Manager, Radio2000).
– How is digital informing strategy and execution; and current issues around measurement and regulation?Adelaide McKelvey who heads up Africa for Continental Outdoor Media shares her thoughts on current thinking in the outdoor and ambient space. Ken Varejes (CEO, Primedia Unlimited) and Jacques du Preez (Managing Director, Provantage) join the debate.
– How are magazines meeting the challenge of a digital world? Gisele Wertheim-Aymes, Publishing editor of Longevity magazine, in a keynote address, tells us how magazines are niche-ing and re-niche-ing; and how they are managing their new relationship with advertisers. She is then joined in discussion with Chris Yelland, Managing Director, EE Publishers and Urs Honegger, Managing Director, Panorama Publications.
– Luke McKend, Country Manager: Southern Africa, Google, looks at how digital and traditional solutions are merging in the digital space and how advertisers need to rethink their strategy. He is then joined by Marcus Stephens, GM: Publishing, Kagiso New Media and Brett Loubser, Managing Director of WeChat to interrogate the matter further.
DETAILS: Date: 30th July 2014 Venue: Wanderers Club | 21 North Street | Illovo Time: Registration from 08h00 Cost: R1 950 ex VAT R1 500 ex VAT for group bookings of five or more.
To book, click here.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to email@example.com.