Cannes 2014 award winning Film Director Ali Ali from Egypt teams up with founder of Tanzania’s largest creative agency, Ulric Charteris, as well as Ogilvy & Mather Africa’s Creative Director, Till Aurousseau, as regional judges for the upcoming 2014 Loeries.
Ali Ali – Film director and founder of Elephant in Cairo, Ali Ali is one of Africa’s most acclaimed creatives. “I am honoured and super excited to be coming to Loeries this year and to being a part of all the creative energy going on at the other end of our continent. Not only is Cape Town my favourite city, but South African creativity has always been an inspiration to us here in Cairo.” says Ali.
Ulric Charteris – Last year, Ulric Charteris’s Roots255 was the first Tanzanian agency to reach the finals at The Loeries. In 2014, Charteris joined the Loeries Africa Advisory Committee, and he now takes his place as one of three regional judges.
Till Aurousseau – French-born, Till Aurousseau is creative director at Ogilvy & Mather Africa, part of the largest network agency on the continent. Aurousseau has previously worked at top creative agencies such as TBWA/Paris, TBWA/NEBOKO and Marcel Paris, as well as freelancing for Publicis Conseil, BETC EuroRSCG and DDB, amongst others.
Judging takes place during Loeries® Creative Week™ Cape Town 15-21 September. Finalists will be announced daily and the week ends with the awards ceremonies on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 September. Don’t miss the DStv International Seminar of Creativity at Cape Town City Hall on Friday 19 September.
Ali Ali will be joined by other international leaders including the jury chairmen:
- TV & RADIO: John Mescall, executive creative director, McCann, Sydney
- PRINT, OUTDOOR & COLLATERAL: Arno Lindemann, chief creative officer, Lukas Lindemann Rosinski, Hamburg
- DIGITAL: PJ Pereira, CEO and co-founder Pereira and O’Dell, San Francisco
- COMMUNICATION DESIGN: Stephen Doyle, creative director, Doyle Partners, New York City
Key dates to remember:
1. Loeries® Creative Week™ Cape Town: 15-21 September
2. DSTV International Seminar of Creativity: 19 September
3. The Loerie Awards Ceremonies: 20-21 September
4. Ticket Sales for Creative Week are open visit loeries.com
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to email@example.com.