Credibility is central to the continued development of any marketer. Unless work is credible, growth will be limited and career and reputation possibly compromised. The same goes for marketing as a profession and industry.
That’s why MA(SA) is hosting a credible marketing event, an initiative implemented and driven by the top marketers in the industry.
Issues that will be covered include:
- How do you ensure that you are abreast of what is expected of you, as a marketer, (be it legal, industry or professional requirements) to be compliant in your duties as a professional? Compliance and reporting is the focus here.
- How do you, as a professional, keep abreast of developments in the field of marketing as a profession? Excellence in marketing standards is the focus here.
- How do you, as a leader, inspire your marketing teams and talent to grow and develop as Marketers? How to impact marketing talent is the focus here.
- How do you, as a communicator with different stakeholders, balance your responsibilities to all of them? Ensuring that you remain credible while juggling the interests of different stakeholders is the focus here.
- How do you make sure you are accountable and are complying with good governance in terms of decisions made? Responsibility, accountability and good governance is the focus here.
- What do you do when you make mistakes? How can you avoid mistakes? Is all lost when we are faced with mistakes as a professional? How can you benefit in the future from your past mistakes? Sharing insights is the focus here.
Who should attend? Senior marketing professionals.
Fees: MA(SA) members attend free of charge. Non-MA(SA) members: R300 per person.
Venue: 3M Head Office, 146a Kelvin Drive, Woodmead. Auditorium A/3M Woodmead; Auditorium B/3M Woodmead
CPD: Earn 3 CPD points, if you are a MA(SA) Member, and a CM(SA), if you attend.
Book: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. We appeal to you to book early.
RSVP: email@example.com by 30 October 2014. Please advise any special dietary requirements
7:30 – 8:00 Arrival and Registration 8:00 – 8:05 Welcome: Lovemore Mushayanyama, CEO, The Marketing Association of South Africa 8:05 – 8:15 Intro and Background: Enrico du Plessis, Director, IRM 8:15 – 8:45 Speaker: Dr Mike Robbins, Group MD, IMOR SA
Risk Management – The Marketer and Industry Standards. Mike will speak about the big picture of industry governance and standards. He will demonstrate examples of the Marketing Industry and expose risks. His presentation will set the direction of the topics that will follow next.
8:45 – 9:15 Speaker: Steve Bird, director, AGON Training and Dr Jody P. Cedras, director of Registration & Recognition, SAQA
How can marketers be credible value creators and not be seen as the weakest link? This session will feature the personal development needed by marketers to step forward and embrace the new requirements of industry governance and standards. We will review whether current qualifications, designations, workplace skills and responsibilities are relevant, and whether they will be sufficient in the future to enable marketers to reach the top table and perform as leaders in a structured professional marketing industry.
9:15 – 9:30 TEA BREAK
Board members: J Apsey (chairman). L Siso (vice chairman), L Mushayanyama (chief executive officer), G.A. Garden, N Greenhill, G Haarhoff, B Koornneef, S Mbhele, S Motsieloa, K Nobanda, I Segooa, M van Rooy.
9:30 – 10:15 Speaker: Sydney Mbhele, divisional executive: group marketing, Nedbank
Profession, larger environment and our stakeholders – am I a credible Marketer? Am I representing my business in a credible way? Sydney will speak about what businesses as well as the Professional Marketer is doing- to obtain credibility and remain credible. Some specific examples will be shared- from his career as a Marketing Professional.
10:15 – 11:00 Marketers are invited to ask questions at this forum, in a panel discussion with:
Dr Mike Robbins – group MD, IMOR SA; Steve Bird – director, AGON Training; Enrico du Plessis – director, IRM; Dr Jody P. Cedras – director of registration and recognition, SAQA: Sydney Mbhele – divisional executive: group marketing, Nedbank; and Michael Judin – Goldman Judin INC.
11:00 – 12:00 Formal Event closing – meet and greet. 11:30 – 12:00 3M technology presentation – only 15 seats available. A lucky draw will determine the attendees. (on the day)
12:00 – 12:30 MA(SA) Members are invited to join us for a session for Chartered Marketers. Please highlight your intention to attend this session in specific when you RVSP for the event. Enrico du Plessis, Director, IRM.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.