FIPP’s new global Rising Stars in Media awards has been created to discover and recognise those individuals – from around the world – under the age of 30 in, or associated with, media companies who are behind developing remarkable initiatives for the industry, their companies and/or brands.
In September, FIPP will release a global Rising Stars in Media list, recognising the top achievers. The top three rising stars will then be invited to attend and speak at the prestigious FIPP World Congress in Toronto, Canada (from 13-15 October), where they will also be presented with their awards.
Duncan Edwards, President and CEO of Hearst Magazines International in the USA, said: “I am delighted that FIPP is launching the Rising Stars Awards this year and will be encouraging Hearst companies to enter their best young people.
“Our industry has always been built by the talented people who choose to work in it and competition for this talent has never been greater. It is very important to recognise the amazing work that younger people in our industry do for their companies and to do this in a public way at the FIPP World Congress (in Toronto, Canada from 13-15 October 2015) is a great idea.”
Who can enter?
FIPP’s Rising Stars in Media is not limited to any particular discipline, so anyone under the age of 30 can enter, regardless of which area of the magazine media business they work in, whether they are employed by the company, a freelancer or a media entrepreneur having a positive impact on your company
· Nominees must be 30 or under on 15 October 2015, and demonstrate that they have made a significant contribution in the past 12 months
· Individuals and/or direct managers can submit entries. If entries are submitted by the individual/freelancer they must be authorised and endorsed by a member of the management team. Nominations can also be put forward directly by managers of rising stars.
· Nominees do not need to be a member of FIPP to enter
• FIPP member: £30 + VAT for each entry
• FIPP non-member: £60 + VAT for each entry
We have kept it really simple. All you have to do is download and complete the write-in entry form on our website and email to me.
All submissions must be in by 31 July.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to email@example.com.