As Facebook limits the number of people that see each post to just a percentage of the total number, savvy PR professionals and social-media mavens need to understand how to achieve the highest level of engagement with the minimum investment.
Acclaimed blogger and social-media consultant Dax Villanueva provides the insights and tools to make the best of Facebook for PRs.
In an intensive three-hour session on Monday, March 14 between 2pm and 5pm, hosted by PR-Net, the peer network for the communications industry, Villaneuva will cover:
– Why is Facebook important?
– Facebook’s place in the digital strategy
– Developing a content strategy
– Techniques for harvesting content
– Pages vs profiles vs groups
– Setting up a Facebook page correctly
– Techniques for growing your following
– Using Facebook (post types, hashtags, tagging, links, etc)
– Facebook etiquette
– Tracking and maximising exposure
– Handling negative posts
– Facebook advertising
– Working with influencers for maximum impact
– Using Facebook insights
The venue, Richard’s Supper Stage and Bistro in Sea Point, is on the corner of Main and Glengarrif Roads in Sea Point, and is home to Cape Town’s supper stage and a lively performance space for director Basil Appollis’ Kaapse Stories From The Mother City – a uniquely Cape Town experience.
Booking and further information about the Facebook training at PR-Net.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.