MEDIA STATEMENT: Dear friends in the media. Many of you have been in touch in recent days to confirm the details of Anton Hammerl’s memorial service and wake on Saturday 2 July 2011. Please see below for confirmation of venues and timings.
His People church
20 Seventh Avenue, Parktown North
Time: 11:00am to 12:30pm
Moyo, Zoo Lake
Zoo Lake Park, 1 Prince of Wales Drive, Parkview
Time: 1pm to 4.30pm
Snacks will be served. The wake would not be possible without the generosity of Moyo and a number of private donors.
Guidelines for media on duty at Anton Hammerl’s memorial service:
We know that many of you will be attending Anton Hammerl’s memorial service in a personal capacity. However, for those attending in a professional capacity, to cover the service, please take the time to read the guidelines below. These guidelines outline the Hammerl family’s wishes regarding media attendance at the memorial service:
– The Hammerl family will not be giving interviews on the day so please do not approach them for interviews.
– There is a designated area for journalists on duty. Ushers on the day will guide you here.
– Photographers and TV cameras will be placed in a stationary media area at a respectful distance at the back of the church. This has an excellent line of sight to the service.
– Broadcast media should arrive at 10.30am so that they are set up in good time for the start of the service at 11am.
– Radio and TV journalists should note that there are a limited number of channels available on the sound desk from which to get a live feed. However, the quality of the sound in the church is very good and should be sufficient for your needs.
– Interviews can be conducted outside the front entrance to the church after the service is finished. However, it is entirely at the discretion of the individual speakers taking part in the service as to whether or not they choose to give interviews.
– Transcripts of the speakers’ tributes, where these are available, will be posted on the Free Anton facebook page as soon as possible after the memorial service.
– Details of the service and the speaker line-up will be available on Saturday 2 July.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to email@example.com.