The Public Relations Consultants’ Chapter of the Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa announces this year’s juries of the PRISM Awards. The announcement comes after the closing date of a record year that has seen over 200 entries from a cross section of the industry.
Due to the unprecedented number of entries received for the 2012 awards – totalling over 200 – four juries have been selected to judge the awards programme. A total of 20 judges, the highest number of judges the PRISM Awards has involved in this process, will judge the 31 categories of the professional awards according to their expertise. The categories include no fewer than eight new categories, predominantly focussing on digital and social media, as well as research.
The three chief judges for the 2012 PRISM Awards are Marilyn Watson, CEO of Cinnamon Public Relations; Daniel Munslow, director at Talk2Us; and Hayley Kuhn, communication manager from Sanlam. The judging process kicked off last week in Johannesburg.
2012 PRISM Judges are:
· Amanda de Langa, Nasionale Televisieskrywer, Beeld/Die Burger/Volksblad
· Andre Oberholzer, Group Head Corporate Affairs, Sappi Limited
· Andrew Maluleka, Media Shop
· Anton J van Rensburg, Public Relations Specialist
· Ashraf Garda, presenter, Media@SAfm
· Candi Guvi, Financial Journalist, Summit TV
· Catherine Constantinedis, Miss Earth South Africa
· Corne Meintjes, Lecturer, Monash
· Florence Musengi, Vice President, Head of Communication & Public Affairs, Saab SA
· Heather Robinson, Stakeholder Relations specialist
· Ingrid Lotze, Owner, puruma business communications
· Jaco Pienaar, Pear Factor, Chief Knowledge Officer
· Linda Hamman, CEO, Talk2Us
· Lucy Balona, Head of Marketing and Communication, CANSA
· Roslyn Jones, Internal Communication Manager, Sun International
· Tabby Tsengiwe, Divisional Executive, Group Communication, Nedbank
· Tim Shier, BrandsEye
All winners will only be announced at a gala event scheduled to be held at The Hyatt Regency Hotel in Rosebank on Sunday March 25 from 16:00.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com