Through various touch points recently set up in airports and shopping malls, iProspect/ Click Thinking were able to expand on their own viral marketing drive by putting out a phrase that sparked curiosity. “WE KNOW WHAT YOU SEARCHED FOR LAST YEAR!” has created mass conversation amongst both shoppers and commuters whose curiosity got the better of them.
The result was proof that digital marketing has no boundaries and a viral campaign can be activated in a multitude of ways and by combining platforms such as digital out of home, social media and mobile. Ignite the interest, engage with the consumer and provide an exciting experience – a formula that will surely increase the conversion rate.
Some key insights into how South Africans search online:
- 6.8 million internet users in SA -20 million estimated by 2020
- Only one third of all big brands in SA are online
- 48hrs of video footage is uploaded per minute to YouTube in SA
- 75% of social media users say they like companies to email them informationClick through rates are 25% higher in SA than in any other region
- In 2011 search for financial assistance sky rocketed, of which 80% used their mobile phones to search for information.
- Search patterns:
- Weekdays: 25% via phones 75% via desktops
- Weekends: 65% via phones 35% via desktops
- Approximately 1.25 million handsets sold per month in SA
- BlackBerry has 65% of the market
- 27% of South Africans are using their Smartphone to search for products and prices online
- 70% of online users use the internet to find companies/products/services
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to email@example.com.