Joe Public has scored twice at The Annual AdFocus Awards in Rivonia. The Johannesburg agency was named Advertising Agency of the Year and Agencies’ Agency of the Year at the event which, for the first time, brought together the awards of the Financial Mail’s AdFocus and Jeremy Maggs’ The Annual.
It was a momentous evening for the South African ad industry as industry giants were named and awarded:
- African Agency Network of the Year: Ogilvy Africa
- Envy Award: FCB Johannesburg for “Rainbow for a Rainbow Nation”
- Digital Agency of the Year: Hellocomputer
- New Broom Award: Zibusiso Mkhwanazi
- Branding and Design Agency of the Year: Interbrand Sampson De Villiers
- Student of the Year: Tarryn Chudleigh
- Media Agency of the Year: MindShare SA
- Agency Leader of the Year: Philip Ireland, John Davenport, Sue Napier, Adene van der Walt (Ireland/Davenport)
- Specialist Agency of the Year: 34
- Partnership of the Year: King James and brandhouse for Bells Extra Special Scotch Whisky
- Agencies’ Agency of the Year: Joe Public
- Advertising Agency of the Year: Joe Public
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Bob Rightford
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to email@example.com.