Following Saturday’s Champions League Final between Juventus and FC Barcelona, Facebook took a look at the conversation of the millions of fans around the world who were buzzing about the match.
Globally, 28 million people drove 76 million interactions around the final this year. Neymar was the most-buzzed about player while FC Barcelona was the team with the highest level of conversation about the match.
Facebook saw most of the conversation come from Brazil. The top five countries buzzing about the final were:
5. United States
Note: Spain was #6
Below is a round-up of the conversation around the game:
- Globally, there were 28 million people having 76 million interactions about the game.
- In Spain, there were 1.2 million people having 3.1 million interactions about the game.
- In Italy, there were 2.4 million people having 6.8 million interactions about the game.
- Globally, Neymar was the most talked about player.
- In Spain, Messi was the most talked about player.
- In Italy, Messi was the most talked about player.
- Globally, FC Barcelona was the most talked about team.
- In Spain, FC Barcelona was the most talked about team.
- In Italy, Juventus was the most talked about team.
The top five countries talking about the match were:
- United States
The top five demographics talking about the match were:
- Men, 18-24
- Men, 25-34
- Women, 18-24
- Men, 13-17
- Women, 25-34
The top five moments in the match that drove the most conversation were:
- Neymar scores in extra time to seal the 3-1 victory for Barcelona (90 + 7’)
- Ivan Rakitic gives Barcelona an early 1-0 lead (4’)
- Álvaro Morata brings Juventus level at 1-1 (55’)
- Luis Suárez scores to restore Barcelona’s lead, 2-1 (68’)
- The 2015 Champions League Final officially gets under way in Berlin at the Olympiastadion
The top five players who generated the most conversation were:
- Lionel Messi
- Luis Suárez
- Ivan Rakitic
- Andrea Pirlo
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.