[PRESS OFFICE] Building on last year`s runaway success at the prestigious Liberty Radio Awards, Joburg`s hottest station, Hot 91.9FM, has scooped a staggering 21 nominations for the 2019 awards setting a record for the most nominations by any radio station in one year.
Managing Director, Lloyd Madurai, enthused, “We are humbled by these 21 Liberty Radio Award nominations. When we launched Hot 91.9FM four years ago we set out to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those around us and while doing this, have some fun on the radio. We feel like winners already as we remain number one in the hearts of this community and it really is our fantastic listeners who make this radio dream possible.”
The station is incredibly proud of the four nominations for Hot Cares, their on-going community initiative, which is the main focus of the radio station. Hot 91.9FM is a non-profit company, and it is through the generosity of the community that the station is able to continue to assist those in need.
“The spirit of Hot 91.9FM has always been to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those around us and together we continue to do this. We don’t do these community initiatives for the awards, however we are grateful to be acknowledged for the work we do and maybe this will also encourage other radio stations to get more involved in serving their communities,” said Madurai.
Hot 91.9FM’s has been nominated in the ‘Community Projects and Events’ category for:
- The ‘Touching 100 Lives’ campaign in honour of what would have been Madiba’s 100thbirthday in July of 2018.
- The ‘Teddython’ in celebration of Hot’s 4thbirthday in November last year, where together with the community and advertisers, Hot 91.9FM collected over R2 Million Rand in 12 hours for its CSI arm, Hot Cares.
- The famous and much – loved ‘Christmas Wish’ in December with Jeremy Mansfield.
- The ‘Hot Squad’ initiative, which assists in keeping the Hot 91.9FM community safe as well as providing skills development and employment.
The Hot91.9FM Radio Training Academy
On the nomination of Bunny Majaja for ‘Best Weekend Radio Show’, Madurai added, “I am thrilled to see Bunny Majaja has been nominated in this category for her Sunday 9am – 12pm show ‘Easy Sundays with Bunny’. Bunny is a graduate of the Hot 91.9FM Radio Training Academy and I am so proud to see how Bunny has developed into one of SA’s most professional radio stars. We will continue to see more great talent coming out of our Radio Training Academy within the next few years and they will continue to be mentored by the great DJ’s we have on air at Hot 91.9FM.”
Hot 91.9FM’s 21 Liberty Radio Awards Nominations are:
AFTERNOON DRIVE PRESENTER
- Simon Parkinson
AFTERNOON DRIVE SHOW
- The Big Joburg Drive
BREAKFAST SHOW PRESENTER
- Jeremy Mansfield
- Mansfield in the Morning
- HOT 91.9 FM Touching 100 Lives
- HOT 91.9 FM Teddython
- HOT 91.9 FM Hot Squad
- HOT SPORT – John Walland
- HOT 91.9 FM MANSFIELD IN THE MORNING – William Scott and Sam Cowen
- HOT 91.9 FM MANSFIELD IN THE MORNING – Simon Hill
- HOT 91.9 FM – The Mark Pilgrim Show
- HOT 91.9 FM – Lunchtime with Murrell
NEWS BULLETIN READER
- HOT 91.9 FM – Gladys Sithole
- HOT 91.9 FM – Karabo Yibe
- HOT 91.9 FM – Keke Matlou
- HOT 91.9 FM – Touching 100 Lives in Honour of Madiba’s 100th Birthday
- HOT 91.9 FM – Teddython 2018
- HOT 91.9 FM – Christmas Wish
- HOT 91.9 FM
WEEKEND RADIO SHOW
- HOT 91.9 FM – The Mark Pilgrim Show Saturday Edition
- HOT 91.9 FM – Easy Sunday with Bunny
The ‘Hot’ team thanks the Liberty Radio Awards judging panel for acknowledging Hot 91.9FM and our amazing family at the station. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for the awards evening on 13 April!
For more information on Hot 91.9FM go to:
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.