Aegis Media will be hosting the 6th Thought Leadership Digibate that will debate and discuss whether or not social media should be the first pillar of a marketing strategy. The free flowing discussion, moderated by Dawn Rowlands, CEO, Aegis Media Sub Saharan Africa, will look to cover the following topics:
· Social media ROI – what is effective, how do you measure?
· Picking social platforms – how do you go about finding what platforms to use?
· Earned media versus Owned media – which is which?
· In-house versus Outsource social media – pro’s, con’s and things to look out for
· The role of content in social media – what is it, why do it?
· What other mediums does social play well with?
· What is a realistic benchmark to set ?
· Jerome Touze, co-founder, www.wayn.com
· Mike Stopforth, CEO, Cerebra
· Uno de Waal, senior social strategist, Trigger Isobar
· Sean Donnelly, managing director, Carat
· Dom O’Brien – head of innovation, Isobar UK
The Thought Leadership Digibates are held monthly with the aim to discuss, debate and share insights and trends within the media marketing sector. The podcasts will be available for download after the event.
The event, in conjunction with BizCommunity, will be held on 29 June 2012 at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Melrose Arch and will stream live on www.bizradio.co.za from 09h30 to 11h00.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.