The Advertising Media Association of South Africa (AMASA) held its annual AGM last night (8 June) where the new committee, which will guide AMASA over the next year, was announced.
The newly voted in committee will consist of the following industry professionals:
- Wayne Bischoff (GM Sales, Trudon) – Chairman
- Wayne Bishop (MD, PHD)
- Gordon Patterson (Business Director, Omnicon Media Group)
- Mpho Maseko (CMO AquaOnline )
- Ilsa Grabe (Business Unit Head, Carat)
- Mauro Black (GM Sales, ABN Group)
- Parmeshan Moodliar (Digital Sales Manager, Spark Media)
- Quinton Scholes (Director: Business Development & Strategy, ABN Group)
- Sean Press (CEO & Business Development Director, Contact Media)
- Bogosi Motshegwa ( Strategic Planner, McCann JHB)
- Andrew Maluleka ( Strategy Executive -Business Planning , Mindshare)
- Memoria Masilela ( Head Sponsorships & Promotions , United Stations)
This team will drive the mandate of AMASA, which is to focus on the education and skills upliftment of those interested in the media, advertising and marketing industry, through various portfolios by applying their own views, expertise, time and most importantly passion.
Wayne Bischoff, 2014’s appointed chairperson, who will continue in the role for one more year, is delighted with the final selection for 2016 and grateful to those who applied, nominated and voted.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank the committee of 2015/16 for their dedication and efforts and I am confident the new team, many of whom were re-elected, will continue to take AMASA to new heights. I am also pleased to see that we have a really good mix of agency and media owner professionals this year,” says Bischoff.
At the AGM, Bischoff also presented last years initiatives, including the most successful Golf Day to date, the highest attendee Workshop, the second successful AMASA AWARDS, and the R150,000 paid out in bursaries to Amasa Learnership Programme (ALP) students.
The AAA School of Advertising students who completed the AMASA Media Management course were also given the platform to express how the course has helped them in their careers. The Top Student, Fagan Abraham, was also honoured by all present.
At the next committee meeting a Vice Chairperson will be elected and individual portfolios will be allocated.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.