WARC names Effective Channel Integration jury, BWA awards send a strong message, Dulux invites Amsterdam and London to connect through colour, Anglo American scoops seven awards at the 2018 Gold Quill Awards.
WARC names Effective Channel Integration jury for its Media Awards
The jurors have been revealed for the Effective Channel Integration category for Warc’s Media Awards 2018.
- Laurent Aliphat, head of media, Renault – Chair of the judging panel
- Bridget Angear, joint chief strategy officer, AMV BBDO
- Amy Armstrong, US CEO, Initiative
- Qaiser Bachani, director, media, Apac, GSK Consumer Healthcare
- Youmna Borghol, head of data, Choueiri Group
- Carrie Drinkwater, SVP director, Investment Activation, MullenLowe MediaHub US
- Emily Fairhead-Keen, group strategy director, MEC
- Gustavo Franco, digital manager, Santa Clara
- Gianluca Toccafondi, marketing and communication manager, Ikea
- Lisa Winn, former marketing director, Coca-Cola South Pacific
- Martin Woolley, CEO, The Specialist Works
- Paul Woolmington, CEO, Canvas Worldwide
BWA awards send a strong message, says corporate winner
SPAR Eastern Cape advertising manager Roseann Shadrach believes that the Business Women’s Association achiever awards sent a message that females are more than capable of handling the corporate environment.
Shadrach was recognised for her contribution to the community when she was named the corporate category winner at the BWA regional awards evening in Port Elizabeth..
“These awards affirm that you can respect yourself as a female in business,” she said.
“As women, we don’t have to compromise our morals and values to succeed in the business world.
“My message is to remain classy and professional, work smart and appreciate your contribution to business.
“The most challenging part of being a woman in business is that we are stereotyped as being over sensitive and highly emotional. That, however, is our secret power,” she added with a chuckle.
Dulux invites London and Amsterdam to connect through colour
Dulux is inviting London and Amsterdam citizens to add colour to each other’s lives, using a live link connecting the two European capitals, powered by Ocean Outdoor’s international alliance and the latest digital out of home technology.
Created by MullenLowe London, Let’s Colour won the International Prize in Ocean Outdoor’s annual digital creative competition, which looks to push the boundaries in digital out of home (DOOH) advertising.
Alex Okada, creative director at MullenLowe London commented: “Colour and technology have the power to bring people together. This is especially important in the times we are living now. Winning the Ocean Outdoor competition allowed us to pull together these two elements in a unique way for outdoor media, connecting the cities of London and Amsterdam like never before.”
Anglo American scoops seven awards at the 2018 Gold Quill Awards
Anglo American won seven awards at the 2018 International Gold Quill Awards. For more than 40 years, IABC’s Gold Quill Awards have recognised and awarded excellence in strategic communication worldwide.
Anglo American picked up awards in the following categories:
Award for Corporate Communication Department of the Year
- Anglo American
Award for Best of the Best Digital Communication
- Day at a Modern Mine, Anglo American
Award of Excellence
- Digital Communication: Day at a Modern Mine, Anglo American
- Internal Communication: Improved contractor communications to strengthen current working relationships – Anglo American: Kumba Iron Ore
- Leadership Communication: “Many Views One Voice” for the Senior Leadership Conference, Anglo American
Award of Merit
- Internal Communication: How to tell a 100-year story, Anglo American
- Publications: Centenary Publications with a Story to Tell, Anglo American
Dr. Pranill Ramchander, Head of Corporate Communication for Anglo American South Africa said “It is indeed a great achievement to be awarded overall Corporate Communication Department of the Year, the Best of the Best award for Digital Communication and five category awards. This demonstrates that the work we do is not just of global standard but also leading the way.”
The Awards Wrap is published every Tuesday in our newsletter. Please send all awards news to firstname.lastname@example.org.