brandhouse has confirmed the judges for the 2012 Responsible Drinking Media Awards (RDMA). Prominent Cape Talk presenter Kieno Kammies, and chief director of the National Liquor Authority (NLA) Thezi Mabuza will be joining marketing guru, Chris Moerdyk, former RDMA judge, to complete this year’s judging panel.
“Being part of the 2011 brandhouse RDMA’s was a great experience. The awards were a huge success, and I am looking forward to honouring journalists who are making a difference by informing South Africans about responsible drinking, at this year’s RDMA’s, ” says Chris Moerdyk.
The objective of the awards is to encourage journalists to use their individual approach and messaging influences to proactively gain traction with their readers and shape perceptions and behaviour around drunk driving, as well as other alcohol-related issues such as under-age drinking, foetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) and binge drinking.
The entry categories for the 2012 brandhouse RDMA include:
- Journalist of the Year (prize money of R10 000)
- Best Magazine (prize money of R10 000)
- Best Newspaper (prize money of R10 000)
- Best Broadcast -Radio/TV (prize money of R10 000)
- Best Online (prize money of R10 000)
- Best Blog (prize money of R10 000)
- Best Community (prize money of R10 000)
There will be three finalists per category.