Socially speaking: seven ways to make the most of the medium
Keep in mind that social media is the new PR, says Amanda Patterson. You cannot use it as an advertising platform. It is not the place for a sales pitch. You need to use social media to drive customers to your blog or website.
How do you do this?
- Find a ‘constant gardener’ to become the face of your social media campaign.
- Charm your audience.
- Work it. Remember you need to put in your 10 000 hours before you’re an expert at anything.
- Never ask your client to buy your product. Invite. Persuade. Hard sell does not work here.
- Become partners with your client.
- Treat your client as you would treat a friend you respect and admire.
- Identify which social media platforms suit your business. All companies must be present on Facebook and Google+. Facebook because of numbers. Google+ because of search. Find somebody to help you with this.
Amanda Patterson is the CEO of Writer’s Write. More than 60% of her company’s business originates across social media platforms.