Keep in mind that social media is the new PR, says Amanda Patterson. You cannot use it as an advertising platform. It is not the place for a sales pitch. You need to use social media to drive customers to your blog or website.
How do you do this?
- Find a ‘constant gardener’ to become the face of your social media campaign.
- Charm your audience.
- Work it. Remember you need to put in your 10 000 hours before you’re an expert at anything.
- Never ask your client to buy your product. Invite. Persuade. Hard sell does not work here.
- Become partners with your client.
- Treat your client as you would treat a friend you respect and admire.
- Identify which social media platforms suit your business. All companies must be present on Facebook and Google+. Facebook because of numbers. Google+ because of search. Find somebody to help you with this.
Amanda Patterson is the CEO of Writer’s Write. More than 60% of her company’s business originates across social media platforms.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.