[PRESS OFFICE] JCDecaux, the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announces the launch of JCDecaux Data Solutions – a portfolio of global and local data-driven solutions that enables advertisers to maximise the power and ROI of their media investment.
JCDecaux Data Solutions’ purpose is to offer ever more effective solutions to JCDecaux’s stakeholders so they can leverage data to optimise their campaigns in all countries across the world. Mixing global and local data unlocks the potential of both OOH and DOOH campaigns.
JCDecaux, as the most digitised global OOH company, is more confident than ever of the power of Out-of-Home in an advertising landscape increasingly fragmented and more and more digital. By developing and globalising its product offering through optimised campaigns using data and technology, the Group accelerates its transformation and will deliver increasingly impactful solutions.
JCDecaux Data Solutions brings:
- Simplicity to scale and deploy thanks to platformisation
- Agility to improve its solutions in an evergreen development mode
- Comparability that offers advertisers and agencies solutions to compare OOH performance with other media buys
- Transparency to understand how AI and Machine Learning (ML) are driving performance
- Efficiency to focus energy on delivering impact
JCDecaux Data Solutions is built around three core pillars, designed to help advertisers achieve their marketing objectives using OOH in combination with other media, particularly mobile. These are:
- Optimise to deliver on planning, content delivery and creativity
- Engage in connecting with your audience more effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate to understand the performance of each OOH campaign
JCDecaux Data Solutions is a combination of in-house products and solutions developed by JCDecaux’s data team (50 people) and third party solutions, combined with local specific complementary data (joint industry committees, telco, sensors, retail, etc.) to guarantee the highest level of efficiency at each stage of a campaign. These solutions will always comply strictly with personal data protection rules to safeguard citizens and users.
JCDecaux Data Solutions is due to launch first in the following markets (by geographical area): France, UK, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, UAE, South Africa, USA, Hong Kong SAR (China), Japan, Singapore, Australia, Brazil. More markets will roll out JCDecaux Data Solutions in 2022.
François-Xavier Pierrel, chief data officer of JCDecaux, commented: “The launch of JCDecaux Data Solutions is a new major step in the Group’s data strategy seeking to accelerate the transformation of outdoor advertising. Our objective is to expand the considerable potential of collecting, analysing and modelling data, aggregated and completely anonymised, to improve knowledge and design innovative services and solutions. JCDecaux Data Solutions delivers simplicity, agility, comparability, transparency and efficiency in executing data-driven OOH and DOOH campaigns around the world. Our global data offering, JCDecaux Data Solutions, will strengthen JCDecaux’s capacity to meet the new expectations of its clients, brands and agencies, and enlarge the Group’s ecosystem.”
Sebastian Musendo, managing director for JCDecaux South Africa, said: “We are excited about the data journey the company is on. We are continuously innovating and bolstering our insights, research and tech stack. We aim to improve accountability, unlocking value for our clients through enhanced planning, targeting and measurement. We take great responsibility for looking after our clients’ valuable budgets by guiding investment opportunities and optimising their media schedules. By demonstrating how outdoor advertising delivers on campaign objectives, we can de-risk investment, improve accountability, and maximise our clients’ media investment. We have serval exciting initiatives which will be presenting to the market in the coming weeks.”
JCDecaux Africa is the number #1 out of home media specialist in Africa, offering a broad range of digital and static advertising solutions across 19 countries with dedicated offices and teams in each market. JCDecaux Africa has strategic holdings in highly sought-after locations and environments, offering a host of advertising formats, including Airports, Gautrain, Roadside Digital (RSD), Roadside Static, Iconic, Mall, and Street Furniture. JCDecaux Africa services the largest media agencies, multinationals, and biggest brands from around the world. Our media planning and strategy are based on a host of in-depth research and insights tools to maximise our clients’ advertising spend and deliver on their campaign objectives.
Key figures for JCDecaux
- 2020 revenue: €2,312m – H1 2021 revenue: €1,082.3m
- Present in 3 670 cities with more than 10 000 inhabitants
- A daily audience of more than 840 million people in more than 80 countries
- 10 230 employees
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- First Out-of-Home Media company to join the RE100 (committed to 100% renewable energy)
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is recognised for its extra-financial performance in the FTSE4Good (4.6/5) and CDP (A Leadership) rankings, and has obtained the MSCI AAA score for the fourth year in a row
- 964,760 advertising panels worldwide
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (489 500 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with 156 airports and 249 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (329 790 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (129 970 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (615 530 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216 590 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (66 120 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (22 500 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (15 350 advertising panels)
For more information about JCDecaux, please visit jcdecaux.com.
Want to continue this conversation on The Media Online platforms? Comment on Twitter @MediaTMO or on our Facebook page. Send us your suggestions, comments, contributions or tip-offs via e-mail to email@example.com.